The Imaginary Diary of Graham Spiers

Police State Scotland Disclaimer: This diary is a farce, a parody, a satire, a comedy. It in no way consists of, contains or implies a threat or an incitement to carry out a violent act against one or more described individuals and there is no intention to cause fear or alarm to a reasonable person. Although of course as we all know, Celtic fans are not reasonable.

Monday 14 December 2009

The Curious Case of Nil By Mouth Part 3

The black car pulled up in Queen Street and we stepped out and into the fog, Donald Findlay and I, a more unlikely pair you could ever meet. As our car pulled away, a tall man appeared out of the mist and motioned with his head for us to follow him to a doorway. I looked at the wet brass plate on the wall and gasped.
'Yes,' grinned Findlay. 'This is where you see the big picture Spiers.'
The tall man went first into the building and we climbed the stairs in silence. As we approached the top floor I heard a scuffle ahead and someone rolled past us, unconscious, down the stairs; our tall man had taken out a guard. Then I heard Findlay say to our protector, 'I hope you've brought your service revolver Watson?' which received a positive nod and then we were through a door and into an office, Watson holding up his gun and telling everyone to stay perfectly still.

I looked around the room, trying to take in what was happening. In a faraway corner, in a darkened cage, was a young woman screaming, 'save me, let me out, I didn't know what I was doing!'
In the foreground was a man in a high visibility vest with GCC on the back, a cheap suit and emerald green shirt caught in the process of handing over a suitcase full of money to a man in a Celtic top. Everywhere else there were others in various Celtic garments answering phones, typing on keyboards and shuffling various documents around desks. A white board on one wall had prominent writing in green capitals, 'REMEMBER, CATHOLIC GOOD, PROTESTANT BAD'. So this was the Nil by Mouth office, to tell you the truth, I quite liked the look of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home