The Imaginary Diary of Graham Spiers

Police State Scotland Disclaimer: This diary is a farce, a parody, a satire, a comedy. It in no way consists of, contains or implies a threat or an incitement to carry out a violent act against one or more described individuals and there is no intention to cause fear or alarm to a reasonable person. Although of course as we all know, Celtic fans are not reasonable.

Friday 29 January 2010

The Mowbray Sanction Part 2

I was tidying myself up in front of the mirror in the loos at the Chip while behind me Brendan O'Hara, still sneering was pulling up his zip and heading for the door. As he opened it there was a sudden bang and he came flying back into the toilet, landing with a crash where he'd just given me a right good seeing to. Then I heard a snarl and in came Peter Lawwell, growling at O'Hara. He was in Afrika Corps desert fatigues so I knew he was looking for a fight and was going to take care of this one himself. He picked up O'Hara by the front of his shirt and shook him, laying a few slaps across his cheeks before launching him into the corner, narrowly missing me. I was shocked and rooted to the spot so stayed to view this remarkable scene.

Lawwell continued his assault with a few well aimed jackboots into O'Hara's groin before bawling, 'So we're responsible for the financial downfall of the SPL, eh?'
'I don't know what you're talking about' squeaked O'Hara.
'The Old Firm Shame Game, O'Hara - that's what it's supposed to be called but I didn't hear this phrase mentioned once in your programme last night, instead you pinned all the blame on us and hinted that because of the behaviour of our fans, there'd be no more Sunday evening games and with those gone Sky weren't interested and pulled out their money!'
'But I didn't even mention Celtic in the voice over, just home fans' jabbered O'Hara.
'Home fans isn't enough and the clips you showed of the violence were too long, clearly showing them to be Celtic fans' he aimed another kick, this time to his ribs then continued screaming at him. 'You could have missed out the incidents altogether just like you removed Rangers winning the treble from the 2003 programme but no, you had to go and create negative images of Celtic, your own f*cking club, you moron!'
'I was under pressure, those orange b*stards were complaining about the 2003 programme in their thousands, I had to make changes. You know me, I'm completely on message but the pressure was too much and the Establishment were leaning on me' cried O'Hara.
Lawwell's face turned a bright shade of red and he pulled out his horse whip and laid about O'Hara with it.
'Establishment? Establishment? Don't talk to me of the Establishment - we are the Establishment! That's just something else we put out there to rally our fans to do what they do best, rail against an imaginary enemy while overlooking the real problems at Parkhead. F*cking Establishment, I don't know O'Hara, sometimes I wonder if you're worth all the bother of getting you this commission. I'll be watching next week's programme very carefully and if it doesn't meet my agenda then I'll be looking for you.' He turned and made to leave but then paused and without turning round said, 'Don't think I don't see you cowering in the corner Spiers, I know what happened on Inchmarnock and I'll be wanting a full report on my desk by Monday' and then he was gone.

I left O'Hara groaning on the floor and sneaked out the toilet and looked for Mowbray but he too was gone, obviously frightened off by the sudden appearance of Lawwell. I was running downstairs to head for home when I heard a whisper from the restaurant door, it was Mowbray. 'Spiers, I need to talk to you' he whispered, his nose wobbling beneath his hat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home