The Imaginary Diary of Graham Spiers

Police State Scotland Disclaimer: This diary is a farce, a parody, a satire, a comedy. It in no way consists of, contains or implies a threat or an incitement to carry out a violent act against one or more described individuals and there is no intention to cause fear or alarm to a reasonable person. Although of course as we all know, Celtic fans are not reasonable.

Wednesday 17 February 2010

The Battle for Mowbray's Soul Part One

It all happened the way Devine said it would that night when he broke into my house. There I lay, swimming in blood, floundering among headless bodies in the cloisters of Glasgow University as Donald Findlay bounded across Kelvin Way with an unconscious Tony Mowbray over his shoulder but I'm getting ahead of myself...

The Battle for Mowbray's Soul Part 1

After I got over the shock of finding Tom Devine in my flat that night, he warned me of a diabolical plan by that barking collection of extremist Celtic supporters, the Green Brigade, to kidnap Tony Mowbray and hold him to ransom until the SFA replace every Scottish referee with 'neutral' referees from the Republic of Ireland. Their plans were secret he said but they are so thick that they've been chatting about their plans on public internet forums so any fool could find out what they were up to. 'You've been chosen to prevent this Spiers,' grunted Devine as he helped himself to my sherry, spilling it down his front as he gulped it straight from the bottle. 'But I thought you were being held by Souness and his 80s Squad Commandos? I saw him shoot you with a tranquiliser gun and carry you off during the whole STUC Report business,' I said.
'Ah, but you underestimate the power of our organisation, I've been free for some time now and let's just say that a certain late 80s ex-Rangers defender is now very highly thought of by the Spider.' He chuckled, sending more sherry bubbling over his chin onto his shirt as I shivered at the thought of the Spider and the night he held me by the throat, choking the life out of me by the light of the fire at the close of the curious case of Nil by Mouth.

That was two weeks ago and since then I've kept a keen eye on Tony Mowbray as he suffers the trials and tribulations of being in the media glare and there is no other glare quite as piercing as the hateful eyes of the gathering mob of Celtic fans masquerading as sports journalists as they prepare to tar and feather this man for losing the league to Rangers. Yes, they had been mollified by Lawwell's introduction of Robbie Keane but he couldn't stop Celtic shipping four goals to Aberdeen when they had the opportunity to cut the Rangers lead at the top of the table and once again the baying mob are up in arms and ready to storm the Parkhead car park. Not even the wheeling out of Dr John Reid to spout bile and let the supporters know that those heading the club are just as bitter as they are, could calm them down so there I was keeping a watchful eye on Mowbray when I should've been watching my own back, when I was clubbed over the head and dragged off by the Green Brigade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home