The Imaginary Diary of Graham Spiers

Police State Scotland Disclaimer: This diary is a farce, a parody, a satire, a comedy. It in no way consists of, contains or implies a threat or an incitement to carry out a violent act against one or more described individuals and there is no intention to cause fear or alarm to a reasonable person. Although of course as we all know, Celtic fans are not reasonable.

Friday 19 February 2010

Why Didn't They Ask Keevins Part One

Ewan Cameron didn't recognise me in the hotel lift since I was wearing a false beard and dressed in tennis gear, discussing my back hand loudly with one of the republican girls who was wearing a wig. It was a long journey which had brought me here, a journey fraught with peril, intrigue and the usual promise of season tickets at Parkhead.

Why Didn't They Ask Keevins? Part One

The night before my appearance in disguise, I'd been at home typing away on my lap top, working furiously on another article supporting Tony Mowbray and trying to figure out how to get a few digs at Rangers in there too when my telephone rang. It was Tom Devine who, now back on the scene, was making up for the lost time when he was incarcerated by the Graeme Souness Rangers 80s Squad Commandos by delving straight back into the Machiavellian world of Celtic minded politics. He was in a pub around the corner and had to see me urgently with another vital task. I slipped into my new corduroy suit and was off down Byres Road in a twinkling, whistling gayly at the thought that once again, I was a vital cog in the Celtic machine.

Devine was sitting in the corner of Findlays, drinking a pint of red wine with his hand up the skirt of a new trollop who sat beside him, swaying and cackling at his under the table fumblings. 'Hello Spiers,' he greeted me, 'This is Alison McConnell, Celtic daft journalist for the Evening Times, she's stepping out with me for the moment. Say hello Alison,' and she shrieked as he put his hand somewhere she wasn't expecting, spilling wine over her petticoats in the process. I sat down and Devine leaned over the table, fixing me straight in the eye, 'Ewan Cameron, what d'ye know of him?' He asked.
'Not much, as you know I'm a Clyde man but he's got a football show on Real Radio, he takes his mutt Alan Rough with him to the studio instead of having him in kennels and he's not as easily bought off by Lawwell as everyone else, why?'
'Because Lawwell wants him taken out, that's why. He's putting together a crack team of assassins and you're to be one of 'em.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home