The Imaginary Diary of Graham Spiers

Police State Scotland Disclaimer: This diary is a farce, a parody, a satire, a comedy. It in no way consists of, contains or implies a threat or an incitement to carry out a violent act against one or more described individuals and there is no intention to cause fear or alarm to a reasonable person. Although of course as we all know, Celtic fans are not reasonable.

Monday 14 February 2011

Dead End Street


John Reid must be slipping back into old habits as news reaches me that he was straight on the phone yesterday to Stewart Regan demanding clarification on why Mark Wilson wasn't red carded. When it was pointed out that Mark Wilson was a Celtic player and that the referee had followed Regan's instructions not to send off a Celtic player before such an important match against Rangers, Reid mumbled and hung up, presumably to phone Dawn Primarolo or something.

I wasn't at the game, spending my day on twitter instead where legions of my fans have been asking me to investigate the singing of Penny Arcade by Rangers fans. So I did what any pioneering investigative journalist and anti-sectarian campaigner would do, I immediately tweeted something ridiculous on Twitter. Yes, that's the way to get the message out there. Unlike Jack McConnell who is sign posting the direction another Labour Scottish Executive will take once in power when he complains of the SNP not taking anti-sectarianism seriously. The thing is, Joe Devine was telling me at the weekend when he hosted a naked card school at his mansion on Saturday night, using Jason Allardyce as the card table, that his church isn't too keen to resume the old McConnell summit on sectarianism as it sailed too close to the wind on the subject of denominational schools the last time and they fear they may not get away with refusing to participate if schools is brought up this time round. Everyone did agree though that Jack was very cute in citing 'vested interests' as if a Protestant establishment is putting pressure on efforts to protect the poor downtrodden Catholics. I found it telling that my card school friends all laughed when I mentioned the 'Protestant establishment'. Jack also ensured that his pets in the media quoted that lunatic, Peter Kearney, director of the Scottish Catholic Media Office who said that hostility to Catholics in Scotland was 'deep, wide and vicious' although I'll wager that it's not as vicious as Kearney when he puts on his robes and takes to the sky in the guise of Torquemada, Protestant hating, gay bashing super hero, responsible for more division in Scottish society than anyone else I can think of right now.

I kept my thoughts to myself of course as it wouldn't do to be voicing concerns about the side I've chosen; my livelihood depends on that side and my health too whenever Peter Lawwell gets the bit between his teeth. So I played to lose at poker to keep old Joe happy and made sure I stubbed out my cigar on Jason Allardyce's arse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home